Saturday, December 13, 2008

Props to the Husband


I'm sitting here recovering from my recent bout with strep. Brant is at his company Christmas party, and before you think he's a jerk for leaving me alone, just know that I encouraged him to go. I'm feeling a little better, just not good enough to join him. I've been sick since Thursday and he's done nothing but take care of me. He took me to the doctor, went to pick up my prescription, encouraged me to stay in bed all day and he constantly asked "Is there anything I can do for you?"

So, you wonder, is this going to be a post all about how great my husband is? Well yes, yes it is. So if you have no interest in reading about him, stop here. The thing is, he deserves the recognition. Almost every day the last four and a half years, I've thought he was a great husband. But the last three months have changed that perception. He's not just a great husband, but a great man and on his way to becoming a great father.

Case in point: I have all but forgotten what our washer and dryer look like. Brant has always done some laundry, but I usually take care of most of it. Since I became pregnant and got a new job (read: became physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted every day) Brant stepped up in the household chores department. I may have cleaned the kitchen once or twice, but I don't recall doing a single load of laundry. I didn't ask him to do this stuff. He just started doing it. And I stopped. And he hasn't complained once. I plan on repaying his hard work by birthing his child. Then it's Even Steven, right?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey cutie! Love the tribute to your hubby. We should all do that more often.
So are you going to do the sonogram (sp?) to determine the gender or are we going to be surprised? Personally I love surprises...except when I'm changing a diaper...I HATE it when I'm not expecting the poop. :)
Well take care of yourself and remember it's important to NAP OFTEN!
Love you, Cin-

Kari said...

Well, I like surprises, but I want a plan for my nursery more than a surprise. So yes, we're finding out. Hopefully at my appointment in January... at least we'll be surprised then!! I'm glad you checked out the blog and I hope you keep track of us with it!! Love you!

Amy Blog Reader! ... Writer? said...

Kari -
Love the blog. I can't imagine you huge by any stretch of the imagination though. Pregnant yes, huge no. Those are two different things entirely. Looking forward to the weekly updates and then meeting Mr. or Miss Owens this summer. Amy

Jenny Jackson said...

Nice work, Big Poppa! Is the nickname catching on, yet?

Will Askew said...

Unfortunately his being nice does not extend to his friend's team being scored upon by the Gators.

Kari said...

You're going to hold on to that for a while, huh Will? I don't blame you. Cheering against another man's team is a big deal. Next time Dallas loses (and we know they will), you should give Brant a call!

Can't wait to see you guys in January!

Erin said...

As Brant's sister, I have one questiwiat on...are you married to someone else also? I know that this post is definitely about some other guy. I can't to meet the father! :)

Kari said...

That makes me laugh, Erin! What can I say? The man has stepped it up these last few months!