Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Dad

I have to take a minute to recognize Brant once again. He has been an awesome dad from the start. And just when you think you can't love your husband any more than you do, watch him become a dad. It's pretty amazing.

Whereas I might get a look of frustration on my face when McKenzie starts to cry, Brant just scoops her up and starts laughing. And if we were keeping count, I'm pretty certain that Brant would still be well ahead of me in the number of diapers changed. He's a pro! And perhaps the best sign of how great he is, he let me sleep an entire night last night. I prepared a few bottles and he stayed with his daughter in the guest bedroom for the night so that I could get some much needed rest. McKenzie and I are very lucky girls!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

i am so excited for you all. i cannot wait to come and see your new family. i love pics! she is so BEAUTIFUL! see you all soon!

LaLa said...

Not that I'm partial or anything but I will have to agree with you - Brant has been truly amazing - I always knew he would make a great daddy - but I had no idea until I've had the privilege to see him in action - what a good daddy he truly is! He's very proud of his daughter and his wife! You both are doing great jobs and McKenzie is precious (if I do say so myself)