Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Little Girl



As promised, just a few photos of our little girl. Hopefully in the first shot, you can make out her profile. If you can do that, then you will easily be able to see her yawn in the second one. A yawn in the ultrasound... I couldn't be more proud! The last one is a cute pic of her little foot. If you can't make out any of these, don't feel stupid. It took us a good 15 minutes before we actually started seeing what the ultrasound technician promised us was there. We're still not sure we completely believe her that a small, black spot was the baby's stomach and a line or two here and there meant she had developed other organs.





5 comments:

Jenny Jackson said...

Lookin' good, baby napper!

My word verification this time? Orksycot. If you haven't settled on a name, Orksycot is not only original, it's also funny! Win-win!

Amber Leonard said...

Great first pics! Can't wait to hear the name! I agree with your friend. Orksycot is a good orignal name. My word verification is Jorsculp. Sounds more like a boy name than a girl name...

Kari said...

And my word verification is Proala, so obviously we've found the name. Little Proala Carter Owens. How lovely. I'm pronouncing it as if it rhymes with koala.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! My mom wants to know what dr. you are using and where you're going to deliver....

Kari said...

Elaine- Tell your mom that Dr. Amy Wiedower-Eble is my ob/gyn. I'll be delivering at Baptist. Dr. Wiedower is with the Central Clinic for Women, so while the plan is for her to deliver my baby, any one of the docs in that clinic could do it. She's young and upbeat and I really like her!