Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a GIRL!

And yes, we're excited!!! It is a well-known fact that Brant and I were hoping for a boy, but after finding there is a healthy, active little girl in there, we're thrilled! We just never pictured ourselves with a little girl, but we're getting used to the idea pretty quickly. The ultrasound was amazing. We saw all of her different parts... arms, legs, hands, head, heart, etc. She never would let us get a good look at her face, so Brant decided she was stubborn. Also, we were looking at a profile shot and she yawned. So, stubborn little girl who wants to take a nap... remind you of anyone?!

I'll try to put some pictures up later this week. They are pretty amazing! My mom and I went to Babies R Us this afternoon and somehow limited ourselves to one outfit each. And just so everyone knows up front... pink is NOT her favorite color. She much prefers purples, yellows, greens and blues! I have a good idea about her nursery already so I'm excited to get started on that. Once I get some fabric choices together, I'll post some pics.

Feel free, actually I'm begging, that you post comments with name ideas. Other than wanting the middle name to be Carter, we don't have any strong frontrunners for name choices. The top four that we came up with today are Lilly, Ella, Ellie, and Hailey but as my dad said, we need to take our time because little girls need really good names!!

7 comments:

Becca said...

Hi...I'm a friend of Erin's. Congrats on your baby girl! That is very exciting! My husband and I are also expecting our first at the end of the summer. When I heard via Erin's blog that you were pregnant, I thought I would check out your blog and see someone else's pregnancy stories. Anyway, good luck to you!

Jenny Jackson said...

So you're NOT going with Brenee then? Too bad.

I like Ellie a lot. I also like the names Claire, Elise and Sophia and Eric wanted me to suggest Olivia. I'll keep thinking about it, though.

My word verification is: Ennacid. It may be a sign. That's a perfect name for a little girl.

amanda said...

I'm a big fan of Nora.

Erin said...

Obviously, I'm more than excited that it's a girl! I'd still be excited if it were a boy, but I can't wait for our little girls to play together.

As for name suggestions, I think Kelosondria Carter Owens has nice ring. :)

Will Askew said...

Just a thought...have you thought about Carter as a first name? Christy and I kind of thought that would be cute.

So now the next question becomes--who will spoil your girl more-Carter or Brant?

When am I coming to paint???

Brittnee said...

I agree with Eric on Olivia - I love that name. I also agree with Will and Christy that Carter would be a really cute first name for a girl. Since Hannah and Ava are out, I'll have to keep thinking!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Little girls are so much fun! You'll have to have hair bows for her though, and you can get them in something other than pink! That's so funny that she already knows her favorite colors! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm off the name wagon for a bit, but if I think of anything that goes w/ Carter i'll let you know- congrats again!