Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jinxed

In just eight days, we will hopefully be able to find out if we've been blessed with a little boy or little girl. As you can see from the quiz to the right, the blog has decided that it will be a boy and by a fairly large margin. At this point, Brant and I both would prefer a boy for various reasons, although just a healthy baby is our true wish. If, on January 19th, we hear "It's a girl!" I don't think disappointment is quite the right word. Maybe scared would be better. Baby girls just seem so fragile and Brant has already said he won't let a girl leave the house til she's 30!

Unfortunately, I think I jinxed us this afternoon and I now feel pretty certain that a little girl is in our future. I was walking around Target and decided to check out the baby section. A cute blanket caught my eye and it was, of course, blue. A lovely shade of blue actually, not too pale and not too dark, with brown and white accents that will be the perfect start to our nursery. As I walked out of Target, blanket in hand, I thought that I should save the receipt in case I changed my mind about the color of blue or if the blanket just didn't end up working in the little guy's nursery. Only after that thought did I say to myself "And what if it's a girl?!" So yeah, enjoy the picture of the blanket and know also that it's very soft, because in eight days I'll probably be exchanging it for something a little more feminine.


6 comments:

Jenny Jackson said...

I just want you to know that I voted for a girl because I am never successful in polls such as these. I am trying to help you guys out as best I can. And then you go and ruin all the odds with your blue blanket purchase, so you are on your own, Owens!

And if it is a girl, she will be awesome just like you so don't fret too much.

Taylor's Parents said...

I don't know why, but I really feel like it is a girl. Girl's are not as scary as they seem-well, just sometimes :) Just kidding! I can't wait to find out. Post it ASAP! Watch the little bugger have it's legs crossed!

LaLa said...

I've always said every mother deserves a girl - so, trust me it won't be as bad as you guys think if little owens happens to be a little girl - she will just be a little spoiled especially by her daddy!

Erin said...

Speaking from experience...it's not that bad! Plus, it's more fun to shop for girls than little boys.

Kari said...

I'm not against having a girl, but I would just rather have a boy first. I have an older brother and Brant is an older brother and I just really like that family dynamic. But I'm sure an older sister would be just as great!

Anonymous said...

Cute blanket!