Sunday, August 19, 2012

First Day of School!

Ok, I don't know that I really count K3 as McKenzie's first day of school.  Other than her adorable little uniform, it felt a lot like sending her to mother's day out.  In fact, she's only going one more morning a week for K3 than she did for MDO.  Still, I wanted to remember her first day and make sure we got a few pictures.  As it turns out, McKenzie wanted to make sure we got a few pictures as well.  After posing for some, she turned the camera on us.

Although there is still a lot of focus on play, K3 is a little more involved academically so I look forward to seeing how much she learns as the year goes on.  Her first week was pretty good.  On Tuesday, she got in Brant's car after school and announced, "I had a great day!" followed immediately by "Where's my milk??!!"  Geez Brant, get the girl some milk! On Wednesday, she told me she cried on the playground because she wanted me there.  I might have teared up.  But on Thursday, she only cried on the playground because she ran into a ladder with her face.  Progress.

Our First Day Pictures

Sweet little one.

Silly girl.

She took this!

Here's proof.

Another one from the miniature photographer.