Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Somehow, we managed to stay awake til midnight and ring in 2011 with friends.  Two minutes later, McKenzie woke up screaming, obviously wanting to join the party.  So, here's our first family pic of 2011:

Now, for our resolutions.  As a family, we want to get to church as much as possible.  That means doing our best to not miss two Sundays in a row.  With McKenzie, it's easy to find excuses to not go, but now that she goes to the nursery with little fuss, there's just no reason to not go.
  
Personally, I would like to keep a diary and one of my Christmas gifts will help me do that.  I received a Simple Diary and I love it!  I'm hoping to at least use it two or three times a week.  Also, I would like to watch TV less and engage with my family more.  I don't think my TV watching is excessive, but there's always room for more family time.

Brant's resolution is a typical one, but I think he will actually do it: work out and lose weight.  He's been going to the gym pretty regularly, but has only gained muscle rather than losing weight.  With a few tweeks to his workout routine, I think we'll be seeing a healthier man in no time!

McKenzie mentioned a few things she would like to work on as well.  First, getting rid of her pacifier.  She only uses it in her crib, but she would like to get rid of it completely before the year's end.  She also wants to learn how to say "no, thanks" or "nah" or just "no" with a little less anger.  Not only is the answer to every question "no" but it's with a certain attitude that's becoming less and less cute.  She's agreed to work on it.

I can't wait to see what's in store for our family in 2011!  And neither can McKenzie!

No comments: