Saturday, May 16, 2009

We're Ready!

Ok, not really. With the exception of one or two things, the nursery is complete. We have the car seat locked and loaded. The stroller sits on go. So technically, we are ready for this baby.

Then there's the realization that this is something you can never be completely ready for. And I guess that's part of the fun. Sure, it causes some anxiety and maybe a little doubt creeps in about the kind of parents we are going to be, but overall, it's just exciting!

Just a quick life update- up until today, I've been really busy. Aside from all the baby preparation, there's the whole job thing that I have to attend to. And grad school. And six annoying undergrad hours of British Literature... ugh. But last week, a lot of those pressures lifted. Grad school ended for the Spring semester. One of my Brit Lit classes drew to a close and the Seniors that I teach had their last day of school on Friday. So now I have more time to focus on this pregnancy. I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing!!

1 comment:

LaLa said...

For the record I think you guys are going to be great parents! What a lucky kid to have you both.