Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mental Preparedness


I had a doctor's appointment Thursday. Just a regular appointment. Fill the cup, get weighed, check blood pressure, measure belly, listen for heartbeat and ask the doc any questions. No big deal. I was mentally prepared for it.
Unfortunately, I was not mentally prepared for the second half of the appointment. Turns out, Thursday's appointment was the first of the "EXAM" appointments! So when the nurse casually mentioned that I would be getting an exam, I smiled and immediately started sweating. I tried to relax as I waited in the room for the doctor, but I wasn't too successful. You see, I thought these appointments weren't starting until next week. Brant was going to be there with me. I was going to be mentally prepared.
But on Thursday, I was not. After the doc left the room, I was sweating, shaking and pretty much just freaking out. I've noticed this huge bump on my body, but this was the first time I think reality hit that I was HAVING A BABY!!

No comments: