Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fabulous Finds!

My friend Kelly and I have recently started doing some garage sale shopping.  Well actually, we started back in September and garage sale season is pretty much over for us now that it's cold.  In truth, we began hitting up garage sales as a way to get out of the house for a few hours and have some much needed girl time. We were guaranteed a hot cup of Starbucks and didn't really care if we found much more.  But now, we're kind of addicted.  The time spent together laughing and chatting is most certainly my favorite, but I've found a few great things that makes me excited for those first few weekends of Spring when the sale signs start popping up again.  Aren't there sales even now, in this cold weather, you ask?  Well, yes.  But as Kelly mentioned one day, we are in no way hardcore garage sale people.  I mean, if I have to dig in a box for something, forget it.  So, thirty degree weather is also out.  Here's a picture of McKenzie enjoying one of my best finds... a nice, sturdy card table with two chairs for $5!
Obviously, she will be in the accelerated reading program.

Thanks Mom!
 

1 comment:

LaLa said...

Too sweet! And I agree she will defintely be in the accelerated reading program - especially, if she takes after her Dad!