Friday, September 25, 2009

Simple, but Perfect



Apparently, when you have a baby, husbands are supposed to give you a "push present." I wish there was a better name. I definitely wanted something special to commemorate McKenzie but it took me a while to find what I really wanted. My criteria was that it should be simple and personal. I also wanted something I could add to, if and when we are blessed with another child. David Adams, a jeweler in Fayetteville, had just what I was looking for. They create each ring at the shop and should you have another child, you just buy another ring. They look very cute stacked together on your finger. And bonus, you get a price break when you buy a second one!! Although you can't see it, the ring has her first and middle names engraved on it.

5 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

That's adorable!

Jenny Jackson said...

What a sweet idea. How many rings can you stack? Like 5, 6, 7? ;)

Anonymous said...

Kari, I love the ring!!! I already told Trav that is what I want for Christmas!!

Christy

Kari said...

Thanks Elaine and Christy. I hope Trav gets you one, Christy!

My finger will be limited to two. Thanks, Jenny!

laurawooldridge said...

I love the idea! I found your blog through Rachel's. We're expecting in October and your idea will be on my wishlist for Christmas!