Thursday, September 3, 2009

Month Two

McKenzie went in for her two month check-up last week and I wanted to post her stats.

Weight: 10lbs, 9 ounces (50th percentile)

Length: 22.5 inches (60th percentile)

Head Circumference: 15 inches (only 40th percentile, despite how huge her head looks in the picture below!)


She got three shots and did really well. I mean, she let out the longest, loudest cry I've ever heard, but calmed down just as soon as Brant picked her up. The shots actually affected her more later in the afternoon. She was crying and inconsolable like never before. I finally gave her some Tylenol and she calmed down within 20 minutes. I really wish babies came with instruction manuals!


We moved her from our bed to the crib this week and that's going ok. When she wakes up, she eats so I think she's waking up because she's hungry, not because she is uncomfortable. I have one more week before I go back to work so hopefully she'll really be used to the crib by then.
Oh and she's really smiling a lot now and even laughing. Makes us love her even more, if that's even possible!

2 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

Sounds like she's doing great! Shots are the hardest; I'm not sure they get any easier! I always give Gretchen tylenol before she gets her shots and that seems to help. Good luck going back to work!

Anonymous said...

Kari!!! This is Christy Janssen (Brown). I was thinking about you just a few days ago and then BAM I found your blog!! Congrats on your baby girl...She is precious!! I would love to catch up with you. My e-mail is cbjanssen1@yahoo.com phone is (256)343-5950.