Friday, June 26, 2009

Get Out!

Brant and I have been asking McKenzie to come on out for about the last three weeks. Now, it's doctor's orders. She has scheduled to induce me next Wednesday evening, meaning that if all goes well, we'll have a baby next Thursday. Exciting! Scary!

I don't think anyone goes into pregnancy hoping that they will have to be induced into labor. But after a pretty rough afternoon yesterday, I'm okay with it. I don't really want to induce, but my doctor believes that waiting longer than the 41st week could be risky for the baby and me. I trust her. I think really it's just that I kind of wanted that middle of the night, water breaking, rush to the hospital experience. And there's something about not knowing exactly when it might happen that makes it less scary for me, if that makes any sense. But, there is still time for that. If McKenzie is anything like me, now that she's been told when to make an appearance, she'll do her best to make things happen on her own terms!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

That "works" with my schedule. Tell McKenzie thanks for fitting us into her busy schedule,too. Ha! We're excited to meet her no matter when she comes. For your sake, sooner than Wed.

Elaine said...

Good luck! I was induced, so if you have any questions, let me know. It's not that bad and definately worth it in the end. If she is born w/out any hair let me know, and I'll make her a headband for the bow! I'll be thinking about you!

Jenny Jackson said...

Love the poll! The votes are leaning the way that I voted...sorry Brant!