Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Party Pics!

We had a nice little party for Annie with all the family.  Because I wanted to just relax and enjoy the party, we ordered pizza and, of course, had some cake for dessert.  I made the cake and it turned out pretty well.  I'm hoping for that to be something the girls enjoy and look forward to each year.  But we'll see.  Annie did get her own special little cupcake.

Part of me really wants to be that mom who pulls off an amazing birthday party like I see on Pinterest.  Special party favors, themed food, beautiful decorations, etc.  But I just can't.  It's not me.  I'm not that creative and I just don't have the time to make elaborate plans.  Accepting the fact that my kids probably won't have those kinds of parties (and probably couldn't care less anyway) made this simple little party work for me.  Family, food, a few balloons and delicious cake.  I'm pretty sure that's all you need!  And maybe a few friends next year.  McKenzie did ask me why Annie's "baby friends" weren't invited.  Ummm...they were napping?

Love my little baby!

Let's get this party started!

Checking our her birthday banner from Aunt Erin.

Her special giant cupcake.

Sharing!

The cake... with decorating help from McKenzie

She ate almost the entire cupcake like this.

I got some sweet new Toms! Thanks Rebecca and Chris!

What? My party rocked.

No comments: