Thursday, May 17, 2012

First and Last

I sit here today having already been to the grocery store and run a few errands.  The laundry is going, the house is somewhat clean and Annie is napping.  But this calm feeling can only last so long and after today, it may be awhile before it returns.  At 11:30 I will pick McKenzie up from her last day of Mother's Day Out.  Since September, she has gone every Tuesday and Thursday morning and I have enjoyed having a little bit of time to myself and then a little bit of time bonding with Annie.  

I looked back this morning for a picture from her first day and there's quite a bit of change from the picture today.  I still remember the first day of dropping off when she cried quite dramatically.  Now, Ms. Maria has to remind her to even say goodbye to us when we drop her off!  Overall, a few hours away from mommy every week has done her (and me!) good.  I'm excited for the extra time to do some fun things these next few weeks.  But, truth be told, I'm also excited that there is a summer program for Mother's Day Out that will give me a few breaks in June and July!!!

Last Day - May 2012

First Day - September 2011

No comments: