Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ma-dy

After a long day with Mommy, McKenzie is usually quite excited to see her Daddy.  Unfortunately, her transition to calling him Daddy can sometimes take quite a while.  For the better part of two hours, she refers to him as "Ma-dy." It's as though she remembers mid-word what to call him, but decides to just go with it anyway.  It's quite hilarious.

By 9:00 last night however, she had his name down.  We had a long night at the softball field and were playing on the bed as we attempted to put pajamas on McKenzie.  Brant gave her a gentle push into a pile of pillows and that did not sit well with her.  She expressed her feelings pretty well by saying, clear as day, "that's not nice, Daddy."



Today brought the second day of Mother's Day Out.  Because Annie's arrival is closing in each day, we want McKenzie to get used to either of us taking her to school.  So, Daddy took his turn today.  Brant called me after he dropped her off and said he thinks she only cried because the little girl that went before her cried.  Based on what I heard when I picked her up, I don't think that was quite right.  Before the door even opened, I heard her crying, "Dadddddyyyyy."  It was very pitiful.  Once she saw me, she said "I miss Daddy.  Daddy don't drop me off."  And as we pulled into the driveway, "Daddy doesn't miss me."  Heartbreaking!  I guess when she's used to Daddy taking her to donuts and the park on Saturday mornings, it's a rude awakening when he drops her off and leaves.  

No comments: