Monday, March 30, 2009

New Deck

This doesn't have to do with the baby directly, but it's close. Last weekend my dad came to town and he and Brant started working on a deck. They got a lot more done than they expected, despite the ridiculously cold day on Saturday and rain showers throughout the weekend. Although it may not seem like it now, it's actually looking really great. All that's left is the deck floor and the handrails. I can't wait to spend quiet mornings and evenings out there later this summer with Brant and McKenzie!!

I can't get these pictures formatted the way I want, so I'll just tell you about them in order.
1) Picture of the backyard from when we bought the house.
2) Ooops! We got off to an ominous start when the guy from the lumber yard dumped all of the wood UNDER my car! There was no damage though and the deck building went just fine.
3) Lucy, my parents' dog, probably feeling a little trapped.
4) The "after" shot for now. I'll post a completed pic once it's finished.

A huge thanks to my dad, Brant and Randy for the hard work so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!















3 comments:

Will Askew said...

That's what I'm talking about.

Kari said...

Can't wait for you guys to come hang out on the deck for a weekend!!

Will Askew said...

A weekend? How about many, many weekends?