Monday, February 9, 2009

Nursery Stuff

The fabric has been chosen! Erin and I went looking for fabric last week and we found the fabric below at the first place we tried. I LOVE it! It's bright and cute, but not too girly. And I think it will look great with the prints I bought. It will be used for one side of the bumpers and I will be using another softer fabric for the inside of the bumpers. That fabric is solid and I gave it the name "raspberry." Yeah, it's pretty much really dark pink. Anyway, I can't wait for this fabric to get in so my bedding can get started.

Another piece that will go in the nursey is this adorable little school desk. My mom has had it for years and I knew I wanted it as soon as I got preggers. It was white and kind of dingy, but now it's fabulous. I plan to stencil McKenzie's name on it in a sky blue color. Could this addition to the nursery be any more perfect for the daughter of a teacher?!

7 comments:

LaLa said...

Too cute!

Jenny Jackson said...

I can't wait to see how the nursery comes together! I know it will be fun and vibrant and just a little girlie, but not too much. Purple is the new pink!

Chris said...

Now will the colors be turned inward to where the baby will sleep? because if so, we may need to think about this a little bit. McKenzie will be a disco ball and light show away from Saturday Night Fever.

I'm thinking more of a nature theme, trees, ducks, deer antlers? Don't worry; I'll help you work through it.

Anonymous said...

Love it- love everything! The name is adorable; the fabric and the pictures and what a cute school desk! How exciting!

Kari said...

After my brother's thoughtful comments, I have decided to turn the nursery planning over to him. I'm sure deer antlers and stuffed ducks won't scare a child, right?!

Erin said...

I completely agree with the antlers. It will add nice texture to the room. Now if we could add some feathers, too! Duck or hot pink would both work!

Ashley Pointer said...

love the fabric, Kari--very cute and not too "babyish" which is fun. and that purple desk is perfect! I love it.