Thursday, June 21, 2012

Princess Camp

I did it.  I signed my little girl up for Princess Camp.  How bad could it be, I thought?  There was not just dancing, but crafts and... well, that's it.  Dancing and crafts.  But also, four days of just getting to hang out with Annie from 9-12, since it was a drop off camp.  So, I bought the required ballet shoes, a couple of leotards and tutus and we were set.  I could not be more happy about doing it for McKenzie, because she LOVED it.  I walked her into the dance studio the first day and she didn't even look back to say goodbye.  On the last day, there was a cute little performance and after waiting through TWO other groups, McKenzie finally got her chance to shine!

A quick practice session before we leave.

Cutie!

Getting a hug from Daddy before the big show, barely avoiding a meltdown!

Being told it wasn't her turn yet.  She walked away crying.

Starting position.

Obvious talent, but I love Brant's huge smile in the background even more!
Concentrating.

The only person that could make me like dance!

1 comment:

Elaine Welte said...

I love it! I still remember that basketball camp we went to in like 6th grade. It was awful for me, but you loved it!