Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What's New...

McKenzie is officially potty-trained!!  I'm sure since I've written that, she will now have an accident this evening but oh well.  There will certainly be accidents to come, but for the most part, she's done with diapers and on to underwear.  It started last Friday when she asked to wear panties after using the potty.  We've gone through this a few times so I really wasn't expecting much.  But since that time, she's been out to dinner, to church, to the zoo and to school with no diapers in sight.  We had a close call at the zoo, but with Jennifer's help of yelling "SHE'S SQUATTING!" an accident was avoided.  And finally tonight, the moment I've been waiting for, she told us that she had to pee (as opposed to us making her get on the potty and try) and then proceeded to do her business in the bathroom.  VICTORY!  While some milestones make me a little sad because it means she's growing up, this one makes me completely happy.
 

1 comment:

LaLa said...

McKenzie - so very proud of you! I guess LaLa will have to search for those gray panties you asked me for! Way to go big girl!