Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

I love the sophisticated Christmas decor that I see in magazines.  I love the simple, handcrafted looks as well.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to pull off either in my own house.  What I end up with is a mismatched look scattered throughout the house.  Our tree isn't covered in fancy ribbon and perfectly matched ornaments.  Instead, we have shiny white lights that are surrounded by random ornaments, some that have great meaning, some that were on sale at Target last year.  I've decorated my own house for the last seven years and I think this is the first year that I'm just going to own my mismatched, sometimes sloppy, always full of color Christmas style.  I don't expect Pottery Barn to show up wanting to take pictures, but I do think McKenzie will fondly remember decorating with her Mommy and Daddy, parents who don't care if every single one of her ornaments was hung within about a foot of each other at the bottom of the tree.  MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Purple Tree Pride

Artistic shot of the purple tree

Our Tree for 2011

McKenzie prefers the cluster look

A few of my favorite random ornaments

No comments: