Friday, January 22, 2010

McKenzie's Playlist


There are a few songs I wanted to share. Each song has taken on a special meaning now that McKenzie is here. Top 40 music is not usually on my favorites playlist, but "Smile" by Uncle Kracker is a current exception. It seems to be on almost every time I'm in the car and a few lyrics caught my attention. I assume it's written for a relationship scenario, but it reminds me of McKenzie and I smile thinking of her when I hear it.

"Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks is a song that I played often when I was pregnant. It was usually on the way to work and it helped calm me down. I still play it when I need to feel calm and even though I'm an awful singer, McKenzie has heard me sing it to her more than once.

And then there's "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright. It's the song I hear in my head almost every time Brant and McKenzie are playing together. Enjoy!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

LaLa said...

McKenzie thanks for sharing your special songs! They made me smile and I can't seem to stop listening to them especially the "Daughter" song - it definitely was written about your daddy! What a beautiful girl you are!